ATENA is a user friendly software for nonlinear analysis of reinforced concrete structures.
ATENA user Richard Malm says in his Ph.D. thesis: "One advantage using ATENA for the finite element analyses is that it calculates all material properties based on the cube strength with equations from Model Code 2010. Another great advantage with this program is that it is specially designed for concrete, which makes it easier for the user since good default values are given. The main advantage is that, even though the analyses described severe cracking, the program never had problems finding a convergent solution. A novice user can rather easy create advanced models in ATENA."
With ATENA You can simulate real behavior of concrete and reinforced concrete structures including concrete cracking, crushing and reinforcement yielding. ATENA gives you the power to check and verify your structural design in a user friendly graphical environment.
Proved by over 1000 installations worldwide.
Why To Use ATENA
- ATENA is for engineers that want to understand the real structural behavior.
- It is a great addition to standard design programs that usually supports engineers to work quickly and satisfy the code requirements,
- ATENA is excellent for verification of reinforcement design in critical sections.
- For design of economical reinforced concrete structures - ATENA automatically considers internal force redistribution due to cracking, which may result in reinforcement savings.
- For assessment of existing structures.
- It helps to discover additional load carrying capacity.
- It supports advanced research in reinforced concrete structures or modern cementitious materials.
How It Works
Modeling Of Reinforcement
Arbitrary reinforcement arrangement
be easily included in the model
discreete bars or as smeared
Bond failure can be activated just by
single click. Prestressing and external
cables are supported as well.
Realtime Visualisation Of Results
Only in ATENA the engineers can
the deformation shape and the
pattern even during analysis
unique and extensive runtime
ATENA supports realistic visualisation
of cracks and cracking pattern in all
of the nonlinear analysis a
Cracks can be
displayed not only on the
also in the interior. For more
visualisation, only the visible
can be filtered.
- Simulates the real behavior of reinforced concrete structures
- 3D environment
- User friendly modelling of reinforcement
- Unique visualization of crack propagation
- Real-time display of results even during the nonlinear analysis
- Based on finite element method and fracture mechanics
- Advanced material models for concrete, reinforcement, steel, rock, soil and masonry
- Support for the analysis of modern fiber reinforced concrete materials: SHCC, ECC, HPRFC, UHPFRC
- Dynamics, statics, creep, thermal and moisture analyses
- Modeling of high temperature and fire loading on concrete structures
- Software for design or assessment of new or existing concrete structures
- Modeling of structural durability and reinforcement corrosion
Maintenance And Support
We strongly support our users in their analytic work with ATENA. Support is mainly provided by email and phone calls. The solution to many questions can be found also in our FAQ & Online Forum. New versions of ATENA are released every year.
Maintenance is provided for free for one year after the software purchase. After that is it can be prolonged at annual rate coresponding to 15% of the program price.
- Minimum: PC with MS Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista SP1, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD, GPU with OpenGL 1.1 and 1024x768 resolution.
- Recommended: PC with MS Windows 7, 64 bit 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, GPU with OpenGL and HW acceleration, designed for CAD (nVidia FX, AMD FireGL, etc.)
Click to know more